Torr Seal® Low Vapor Pressure Epoxy
Torr Seal® epoxy is resin seals vacuum leaks. Torr Seal can be used at pressures of 10-9torr. Torr Seal can bond to a variety of materials including glass, metal and ceramics.Directions for use
- When mixing by hand, combine Part A (Resin) and Part B (Hardener) in the correct ratio and mix thoroughly until the color and consistency are uniform. Tube Kits have been designed so that squeezing equal length beads of part A and part B will give the proper ratio.
- Mixing the adhesive just prior to use is recommended. The temperature of the separate components prior to mixing is not critical, but they should be close to room temperature.
- Heat buildup during and after mixing is normal. To reduce the likelihood of exothermic reaction or excessive heat buildup, mix less than 900 grams at a time. Mixing smaller amounts will minimize heat buildup.
- Bonding surfaces should be clean, dry, and free of contamination.
- Once the adhesive is applied, the bonded parts should be held in contact until the part has developed handling strength (3 to 4 hours @ 25° C) note: this can vary with different bond configurations. It is not necessary to clamp the parts unless movement during cure is likely.
- Hardening time 1 to 2 hours @ 25° C. Can also be fully cured with heat such as; 2 hours at a maximum temperature of 60° C. Complete cure is obtained after 72 hours @ 25° C.
- After 24 hours, approximately 90% of full cure properties are attained at room temperature.
- This product can also be cured for 1 hour @ 80° C or 20 to 30 minutes @ 120° C.
- Heat cures can be modified to achieve a desired degree of cure from handling strength to full cure.
- It is important to clean up excess adhesive from the work area and application equipment before it hardens.
- Denatured alcohol and many common industrial solvents are suitable for removing uncured adhesive.
Epoxy resins are prone to solidification or crystallization. If this occurs, the product can easily be returned to a liquid state by immersing the tube in warm water, approximately 100° F (38° C ) for 30 minutes. Ensure all material is melted prior to use; gently re-warm if necessary. Allow the resin component to return to room temperature prior to mixing with the hardener.
This warming process will not affect performance or product properties.
Safety Data Sheets
|Download SDS: PDF for V9530001|
|Flash Point||175° C|
|Volume Resistivity||3.52 X 1014ohms/cm (at 25° C)|
|Corrosion-Copper||Corrosive to copper when uncured;|
non-corrosive when cured
|Shelf Life||12 months minimum from date of shipment|
|Pot Life||55 mins (100g at 25° C)|
|Ave. Curing Times||24 hours at 25° C|
2 hours at 60° C
|Dielectric Strength||350 volts/mil|
All dimensions listed below, unless otherwise stated, are in inches.
|Description||PartNo||Price||Add To Cart|